A new year marks a new start, and a new start requires passion, dedication, and most importantly, knowledge. If it’s not your first weight loss attempt, then you’ve surely encountered a lot of misleading information or scammy fat loss products that didn’t have any impact on your shape or weight.
Weight loss is a lot easier said than done. So, we’ve crafted this detailed guide discussing our favorite weight loss solutions of 2019 and having actionable steps to leverage any of those plans.
Whether you need a specific plan to follow or you need some effective weight loss supplement suggestions, this article will put you on the right track to start your successful weight loss journey.
We’ve divided our list into 2 main sections which are:
Well, let’s dive directly into our first section.
Our Favorite Weight Loss Programs for 2019
1- Weight Watchers
Weight Watchers is one of the oldest and most reliable weight loss programs available in the market right now. Although there have been some controversial thoughts from some of its adopters, it is still one of the best programs out there having enrolled over 600,000 subscribers in 2017 alone.
Weight Watchers is unlike most programs that claim to shed unrealistic numbers of pounds in short periods. It’s actually real that you should expect to drop between 0.5-2 pounds per week!
- A flexible way to lose weight
- A weight loss rate of about 2 pounds per week
- Online community and 24/7 chat support
- The SmartPoints system allows for a variety of food choices for members
- Easy to follow due to its flexibility
- Gain access to thousands of recipes
- Needs high commitment to keep track of SmartPoints
- Requires some self-control
- Might be expensive for some people
How To Start:
1- Visit Weight Watchers official website
2- Click pricing at the top left of your screen
3- Choose whether you’d like the digital package or the personal coaching package
4- Choose your plan whether it’s monthly or the 3-months subscription
2- DASH diet
The Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) Diet does exactly what its name suggests, which is mainly trying to reduce the blood pressure of its adopter. Luckily, the program itself is for free, meaning that if you want to get any information about this diet and how it works you can find it easily for free.
But, the thing is, those foods featured on the list of this diet plan are a bit pricey. On the other hand, this diet plan has been ranked as the best diet overall by health.usnews.com.
- Free recipes and data
- Highly ranked on multiple websites
- Reduces blood pressure
- Very healthy for your heart
- Salt lovers won’t love it at the start
3- Apple Cider Vinegar Diet
Apple Cider Vinegar itself is an old syrup that has been used for thousands of years. Its weight loss traits weren’t recognized until some recent research claimed that it is actually a very reliable fat loss booster.
In addition to helping you shed those extra pounds, apple cider vinegar will impact your overall health positively. Lowering your cholesterol and insulin levels and reducing your blood sugar are also some of the benefits you’ll clinch if you started using this syrup.
- Helps maintain an alkaline PH, which is anticancer
- Good for the skin
- Fights aging
- Has a detoxifying effect
- Erosion of tooth enamel
- Throat burn when used in a high concentration
How to start:
- Check this guide for any information you need about apple cider vinegar.
- Make sure to check with your doctor before you start using more of the vinegar.
4- The Mediterranean diet
The Mediterranean diet is more like a lifestyle, you don’t have to check your calories and measure your portions like you do with other diets.
It’s just about eating healthy foods and working out every once in a while.
The diet is mainly about filling up on veggies, whole grains, and fruits. Which are all high in fiber, and consuming fewer foods with more fats.
The diet is mainly about tricking your body. You consume more healthy foods which cause you to eat fewer amounts of unhealthy foods, without you knowing about it.
So you’re basically forcing your hunger away without the need to eat anything that can get you to gain weight.
- Promotes heart health
- Cancer-fighting antioxidants
- Promotes physical activity
- Reduction of processed foods
- There is no exact serving amounts per day
- Physical activity parameters are not specified
- Encourages consumption of wine, which may be frowned upon for some people.
How to start:
- Switch to whole foods!
- Snack on nuts
- Start using olive oil instead of butter
- Use more spices and herbs
- Eat fish at least once a week
- Pick up the low-fat dairy off the shelf
5- Red Tea Detox Program
Red tea detox is an African drink that encourages weight loss.
Its founder decided to create a whole diet plan based on the magical drink. It’s a complete diet plan with the workout timeline and cleansing program.
This diet revolves around 3 main points which are; less stress, more exercise and no weighing yourself every day!
It encourages mind peace because it’s a vital part of the diet plan, and also the eating quantities are completely normal so you don’t feel like you’re starving yourself.
- Easy weight loss methods
- Accompanied by a 14-day meal plan
- No dairy, sugar or gluten in the drink!
- A complete exercise plan
- Not expensive
- Red Tea detox tastes amazing!
- Safe and backed up by science
- Only available as an Ebook.
- Needs some time to give results
What the program consists of:
- A complete 14-day meal plan
- The Red Tea Detox Workout
- The Red Tea Detox Motivation Plan
Where to start:
- You can buy the program here
- Check its phases:
– The Red Tea Detox Phase 1: Days 1 – 5;
– The Red Tea Detox Phase 2: Day 6
– The Red Tea Detox Phase 3: Days 7 and 8
– Phase 4: Calorie Restriction Based on BMR.
6- The Flexitarian Diet
Flexitarian diet is pretty obvious from its name. It’s a mix between the two words; flexible and vegetarian!
You got the hang of it, eh?
Well, if you haven’t, let me make it clearer. The diet was created by the author of “The Flexitarian Diet: The Mostly Vegetarian Way to Lose Weight” book, Dawn Jackson Blatner.
The author saw that eating more veggies and cutting low on meat, will not only help you lose weight, but it’ll also make you healthier and less harmful to the planet!
Becoming a flexitarian is all about modifying your food groups into healthier, veggie-infested ones.
- Flexible! (Obviously)
- Inclusive for veggie lovers and meat lovers.
- Money Saving
- More nutrients
- A bit restrictive
- Risk of B12 and iron deficiency
Where to start:
- Follow the full diet plan
- You can follow the plan as it’s laid out or swap recipes as you like.
- You can make a few changes in the plan to suit your age, gender, height and weight.
7- Intermittent Fasting
Intermittent fasting is more like an eating pattern, not a diet.
You schedule your meals so that you get the most benefit out of each one.
So it’s a dieting method that changes the times you eat rather than the type of food you eat. There are a lot of methods of intermittent fasting. Check the most famous ones :
16 hours fasting and 8 hours eating.
20 hours fasting and only 4 hours eating
Eat only one meal per day!
5 days of eating and 2 days of fasting, where you’re allowed about 500 calories a day.
- Improves health and encourages weight loss.
- Lowers airway resistance, inflammation, and oxidative stress.
- Improves brain function
- No calorie restriction when on eating days.
- Easy to follow
- Well, less eating!
- May affect your social life due to not eating
- Low energy
- Less productivity
- Binge eating
- Digestion issues
8- Ketogenic Diet
This diet is mainly about eating more fats and fewer carbs.
You basically replace your regular carbs intake with fats, which puts your body in a metabolic state called ketosis.
Which in turn helps your body burn fat rapidly due to its need for energy. But beware, this diet needs to be followed exactly as it is, or it may cause serious issues with your body.
- Fast results
- Low appetite
- More energy
- More burnt fat
- Helps reduce epileptic seizures
- You don’t adapt easily
- Restrictive diet
- Must be followed as it is in order to see results
- When wrongly done, it can cause serious heart problems
- High fat intake
- May cause muscle loss
How to start:
- Check this guide
- Follow the exact steps that the diet ensues
Our Favorite Weight Loss Supplements for 2019
Every weight program needs a little push sometimes!
Weight loss pills have been proven effective over and over again, check this list I’ve made you including the some of the best weight loss solutions in 2019.
PhenQ is a 3 in 1 solution, which is only one of the many reasons it’s considered awesome. It gives great results specifically to people who tend to overeat due to stress or busy days.
How does this pill work?
- First of all, it reduces your appetite so your calorie intake is lowered.
- It boosts your metabolism so that you’ll start burning more calories while eating less food.
- Last but certainly not least, your body will start producing fewer fat cells so you’ll lose weight in a completely natural way, without the need to exercise.
- Contains L-carnitine fumarate which is found in meat, nuts, and vegetables.
- Give very fast results in comparison with other bills.
- Boosts your metabolic rate
- Improves mood and lowers stress
- Contains vitamins A, B-1, B-2, B-3, C.
- Backed up by science and safe for use
- No known side effects
- On the expensive side of the market
- Not suitable for breastfeeding mothers.
- Not suitable for anyone under the age of 18.
10- Phen 24
Phen24 was originally created to be a healthier alternative for Phentermine, which is a known appetite reducer.
You can consider Phen24 as a fat burner which is much less dangerous than being an appetite suppressant.
How it works:
- Rather than reducing your appetite, it increases the speed of your metabolism.
- Your digestive system and your body turn into a fat burning machine.
- Contains Cayenne powder which boosts energy and burns fat
- Contains Glucomannan which helps reduces hunger and gives a full feeling
- Days and night time capsules.
- Increases the secretion of Serotonin.
- Safe to use
- Not safe for breastfeeding mothers
- Not suitable for people under the age of 18
- Expensive single pack deal.
- A bit complicated to change your eating habits to suit it
11- Garcinia Cambogia
You must have heard this name before. Garcinia Cambogia is one of the best weight loss supplements. It’s also one of the most known ones. It’s named after the small green fruit that looks like a pumpkin.
The supplement gained its wide popularity and its #1 rating on Healthline because of its presentation with Dr. Oz in 2012.
How it works:
- The fruit contains hydroxycitric acid, which stops the producing of the fat-generating enzyme, and so it turns the carbohydrates into fat.
- The conversion of carbohydrates into fat stops the production of cholesterol and promotes the production of glycogen.
- The central nervous system is stimulated.
- Reduces your body’s ability to generate fat
- Lowers your cravings and sudden hunger
- Fast weight loss
- Increases the production of serotonin which enhances your mood
- Blocks the enzyme your body uses to generate fat
- Examined mostly on rodents, so no one is sure of its exact side effects
- Might affect your glucose levels negatively
- May cause digestive system issues
12- Raspberry Ketones
Raspberry ketones are one of the elements in raspberries (Obviously!) and they are responsible of the raspberries’ unique smell.
A synthetic version of them is one of the well-known weight loss solutions on market and it’s considered one of the best of 2019.
You can check this review about raspberry ketones on Dr. Oz.
How it works:
- It increases fat synthesis and increases the levels of adiponectin, which is a hormone that helps in the transformation of fat into energy.
- Decreases the accumulated fat to reduce its total percentage in the body.
- Contains elements with health benefits similar to capsaicin.
- Contains synephrine.
- Boosts metabolism
- Recommended by Dr Oz.
- Fast weight loss.
- Some side effects were reported
- Elevated blood pressure for some people.
- Was mainly tested on rats
13- Green Coffee Bean Extract
The extract of green coffee beans is known to be one of the healthy weight loss solutions for 2019. It’s obtained from the coffee beans before they are gone into the industrial process.
How it works:
- The caffeine and chlorogenic acid in the extract helps lower blood glucose levels, without affecting its bioavailability.
- Boosts the metabolism of the body and in turn, helps burn more fat.
- Delays the transfer of the carbohydrates to the small intestine so that the body turns to burn fats for energy.
- Boosts energy and makes you more active due to the caffeine
- Has detoxifying properties
- Suppresses your appetite
- Reduces blood pressure
- Contains antioxidants
- Not safe for pregnant women
- Needs large amounts of consumption in order to give results
- May trigger some allergies
- Diarrhea was reported by some users as a side effect
New weight loss methods are brought to life every year!
The mystery lies in which of them works and which is a scam, you need to be aware of any weight loss supplement or any weight loss program you’ll follow.
It’s always better to be safe and check with your doctor.
Though rest assured, every weight loss solution in this article is backed up by science and safe for use.